what cindy will do for District 99 and South Carolina
FAILED NUCLEAR PLANT
- Repeal the Base Load Review Act that allows SCANA/Santee Cooper to bill consumers for construction costs
- Refund the $2B that consumers have paid
- Prevent utilities from donating to political causes
- Appoint Public Service Commission through third party, not lawmakers
TRAFFIC & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Reorganize SCDOT to increase transparency and ensure proper prioritization of projects
- Prevent politicians from funding non-essential projects in their districts
- Ensure our students have the skills to make them job-ready for employers like Boeing
- Elevate our state from last place in the country by implementing quality education for ALL students in the state
- Fix dilapidated schools
- Address early childhood literacy issues
- Require complete financial transparency of lawmakers
- Eliminate conflicts of interest by barring legislators and their firms from consulting for entities that could benefit from SC legislation
- Increase education and awareness
- Increase distribution of overdose-reversing drugs
- Promote public awareness of dangers of keeping medication in the home
- Promote safe drop-off at police stations
- Close the Charleston Loophole
- Subject private gun sales to background checks and wait period
- Say “No” to arming our classroom teachers
- Defeat “Constitutional Carry” whereby guns owners coming to SC from other states are not required to have permits or background checks
- Say “No” to drilling and seismic testing to protect our coastal environment and our vibrant tourism economy, as well as our marine life
- Move towards clean sustainable energy and away from oil and gas
- Use our wind and sun
- Pass law to give tax breaks for solar
Read more on the issues before our state here.
I'm not a politician. I'm a voter just like you, concerned about our state and our community.
My background in business and counseling has taught me how to find innovative solutions to complex problems. I want to use that experience to solve the problems of our state.
I'm running as a Democrat for SC House District 99 because I believe in ethical, accountable government that works for us.
The election is January 16th of 2018. I'd be honored to have your vote.